Jio TV – I guess you have dropped by this app somewhere on newspapers or websites. I say so because this is one of the remarkable app by Jio Reliance on technology market in 2016 and promisingly a potential app in 2017. This app was first released in May 2016 but not until September 2016 when Reliance Jio informed about their Welcome Offer that Jio TV became one of the best TV streaming services in all over the world. Jio TV is now offering 440+ channels with many languages available so this app blurs any restriction and shows ambition to be the best DTH service in the future.
Jio TV – Smart App with smart features:
– Jio TV allows you to watch TV anywhere; make sure you have this app on your phone to never miss any TV show.
– Pause & Play Live TV Channels at the point you want
– Watch TV programmes later with “7 day Catch Up” feature. Allow to telecast in past 7 days
– Quick Content Discovery using 7 (past / future) days TV Guide, Language & Genre filters or Channel / Program based search
– Multilingual User Interface in 10 languages
– Personalized TV viewing experience: Mark channel / programs as favorites or Set Reminders: Plan your TV viewing by setting a reminder on upcoming programmes.
– Choose the quality of video to be played (high, medium, low, auto)
– Jio TV provides share feature on social network.
How to download and install Jio TV for Windows
To install Jio TV on your PC, there are many choices for you
Using Android emulators: To install Jio TV on your Windows smoothly, your PC must meet bellow requirements:
- You must be an Administrator on your Windows.
- Your PC must have 2GB of RAM/main memory.
- Your PC must have 4GB of disk space available for storing Android apps / games and their data.
- The drivers for your PC’s graphics drivers should be updated for compatibility with Android Emulator
- The App Player is nominally installed in the same drive where Windows is installed, usually C:\. However, during installation, you may choose to have all of the apps/data located on another drive.
- Please note that Android emulator may be incompatible with BitDefender, so you must check it again before install any Emulator (Disable BitDefender before installing any Android emulator)
Install one of the below software on your PC before installing Jio TV on Windows.
Download BlueStacks for Windows
Download Nox for Windows
Download MEmu for Windows
- Download Jio TV for Windows 7/8/8.1/10, XP and Vista/ Mac/ Linux from this site
- Open Android Emulator on your PC
- Enable “Unknown Sources” on Emulator (Settings -> Apps -> Unknown sources selected area)
- Add and Install downloaded file (Step 1) on Android Emulator
- Open Jio TV app and follow instruction on the screen
- Enjoy the app.
Using Arc Welder extension on Chrome Browser:
- Have Chrome Browser with Arc Welder Extension installed on your PC (you can find this extension here)
- Download Jio TV for PC free here and save to your PC
- Open Chrome and Arc Welder extension
- Add downloaded file (step 2) to the ARC Welder extension and wait for some minutes to load this file
- Now Jio TV is ready on your PC, you can open and follow instruction appearing on screen and enjoy all TV programmes.
29th September 2016-09-29, Jio TV reach 10,000,000+ users on Google Play store
7th September 2016, Jio TV reach 5,000,000+ users on Google Play store
31st August 2016, Jio TV was renamed from Jio Play to Jio TV
2nd August 2016, Jio TV reach 1,000,000+ users on Google Play store
11st July, 2016, Jio TV reach 500,000+ users on Google Play store
22nd May, 2016, Jio TV reach 100,000+users on Google Play store
4th May, 2016, JioTV was first released, named Jio Play
+ Version update: here
+ Channels update: here
Update December 23rd, 2016
Hindi HD+SD Channel (142)
English SD + HD Channels (60)
Telugu HD+SD Channels (47)
Tamil HD+SD Channels (34)
Malayalam HD+SD Channels (25)
Kannada HD+SD Channels (22)
Marathi HD+SD Channels (16)
Bengali HD+SD Channels (15)
Oriya SD Channels (15)
Assamese SD Channels (12)
Gujrati SD Channels (9)
SD Channels (6)
Punjabi SD Channels (6)
Urdu SD Channels (6)
Nepali SD Channels (1)
September 9th, 2016: Reliance Jio increases number of channels on Jio TV to 368 channels (There are 112 news channels, 90 entertainment channels, 23 infotainment channels, 32 movie channels and 31 music channels on the platform.
Number in language Hindi (131), English (55), Telugu (36) and Tamil (32).
Q: I get this notification” you are not jio sim network error” when trying to open Jio TV app.
A: Follow the following steps:
- Uninstall your current jio tv app and re install it, clear all app caches
- Go to your mobile network setting and open the access point which will be Jionet
- Edit the following settings:
Authentication type: Default
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPV4
Q: I have a Lumia phone. As I know Jio TV doesn’t require any Jio Sim so may I install this app on my Lumia?
A: I am really sorry to say that Jio Reliance apps haven’t been released on Windows phone so I’m afraid that you cannot enjoy Jio TV on Lumia. However, if you are interested in this app, you can install it on your PC. Find the tutorials above.
Q: My Mobile Jio Tv Not Woring I am facing problem “we just encountered an unexpected error! Please try again.”
“Unfortunately, Jio TV has stopped”
A: Clear app cache. If it doesn’t work, installing older version of Jio TV will help.
Q: Do i need to be a Jio customer if i want to use Jio TV?
A: No, Jio TV, JioMags, JioCinema, Jio Music do not require any Jio Sim, you just need to have Jio account to log in.
Q: I’m living in Australia. May i stream India TV show?
A: Of course, you can side load apk and watch it on your PC or any devices.
Q: I get this message when I play any channel on Jio TV. The error is “We just encountered an unexpected error! Please try again. (81023681)”. How to fix this?
A: Check your internet connection again.
Q: I get the error when I play any channel on Jio TV. It is happening today. The error is “We just encountered an unexpected error! Please try again. (81023681)”
A: You should download older version of here, or re-install this app.
Q: How can I view programm/episode synopsis?
A: Please go to the TV Guide and select the programm (by long pressing on the programm) for which you want more information. You will see the details of the programm on the screen.
Q: I want to watch a programm that has already been telecast. Is this possible?
A: Jio TV’s ‘Catch Up’ feature lets you watch programm telecast over the past seven days. Catch Up feature is currently available for select channels.
Q: How can I watch programmes that were telecast within the past seven days?
A: To Catch Up on a programm telecast over the past seven days, use the ‘Catch Up’ feature as follows:
a) TV guide: Long press on the programm name/title you want to watch in the TV guide. This will open the Programm Detail screen, listing the programm episodes telecast on the channel over the past seven days and available in Catch Up. Select the episode you want to watch and press Play.
b) Quick search: You can type the programm name in the search bar, to search for the programm. Select your programm from the search result to go to the programm detail screen, listing all the programm episodes telecast in the last seven days. Watch your episode by pressing Play.
If you have any problem installing Jio TV on your PC, leave comment below and let me know, I will try my best to give you solution.